National Award winner illlustrator
I am a national award winner illustrator, animator and a designer. Art for me is a passion more than profession and I constantly strive to become a better artist every day. Combining the traditional drawing skills with the contemporary digital technology I offer a wide range of graphic services.
Hire me if you appreciate Art and Design and value unique custom illustrations. You will get bespoke vector illustrations or raster painted illustrations from my studio. I am an expert in all the leading industry standard graphic softwares.
I provide a variety of solutions to my clients whether it is a branding requirement, or creating a “how it works” infographic to describe a service or product. When the clients need motion graphics to explain their business model, product or services, I provide animated explainer videos. When my clients have stories to tell, I illustrate their books.
I am versatile and great fun to work with, I listen carefully to your requirements and come up with solutions meeting deadlines. If there are small tasks I can turnaround with in a day. Always ready to take up projects that are thrilling and out of box.
I make bespke artwork in following categories:
1. Children Book Illustrations
3. Custom Cartoon Character
4. Realistic illustration
5. Comic panel illustrations
6. Book cover design
7. Editorial cartoons
8. Explainer Videos
9. 3D illustration
10. Vector art
Some well-known commercial projects I have undertaken are :
1) Editorial illustrations for leading English newspaper “The Indian Express” and “The Times of India” for more than a decade.
2) Animated videos and editorial cartoons for leading entertainment portal www.santabanta.com
3) Illustrations for city tabloid “Rainbow Colours”
4) Illustrating the children book series “Wizzie the wonder dog” (ISBN-10: 1523689374):
5) Written 100s of articles on contemporary art for leading English daly “The Indian Express”
6) Children book illustration: Adventures of Petal Pam and Suzie Q (ASIN: B00A3THK4W):
7) Children book illustrations : Mighty Maya wants a doggie (ISBN-10: 1535564008) :
Ping me at skype: raman.bhardwaj5
or email : email@example.com
Some details about my education and work :
- · MA (2 years degree) from Panjab University in “ History of Art” (English medium) in 1999 Won silver medal.
- · Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA 4-yr-degree) (English Medium) from the Government College of Art, Panjab University, Chandigarh, specializing in Applied Art in 1997 . Topper in batch.
- · Passed National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lecturership in Colleges and Universities, Visual Art conducted by UGC, India (University Grants Commission) in 1999. Lifetime validity certificate awarded by Govt of India.
Over 2000 illustrations in leading English daily newspaper, The Indian Express, Chandigarh.
Over 200 illustratios in leading English daily newspaper, The Times of India, Chandigarh
Written 150 articles and art reviews of local art exhibitions in The Indian Express
Over 100 ‘Art History’ articles as a fortnightly column on art published in city magazine section ‘Simplicity’ of The Indian Express, Chandigarh.
Master of Arts from Panjab University in History of Arts, in 1999 with 67.8 % aggregate marks, got 1st division and topped the batch. Won silver medal.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA 4-yr-degree) from the Government College of Art, Panjab University, Chandigarh, specializing in Applied Art in 1997 with 68.5 % aggregate marks, got 1st division and topped the batch.
Passed National Eligibility Test for lecturership in Visual Art conducted by UGC, Government of India, in Visual Art in 1999
Solo Exhibitions of paintings and drawings
- · Drawings at Oslo (Norway) in 1996
- · Impressions & Expressions- paintings at Rabindra Bhavan, Lalit Kala Akademi,
New Delhi 2003
- · Exhibition of paintings at Dharamsala Museum (Himachal), 2004
- · Paintings at Alliance Francaise, Chandigarh 2003
- · Drawings and paintings at Fine Arts Museum, Panjab University, Chandigarh 2000
- · Drawings at Govt. Museum, Chandigarh in 1996
- · National Award by NCERT, New Delhi, for illustrating a children’s book in 1995
- · Gold medal for painting in all India exhibition by ‘Avantika’ – art group in New Delhi 2002
- · Won online international design & illustration contests.
- · Various awards at College level
Participations in Art exhibitions:
- · Annual exhibition, Punjab Lalit Kala Akademi, 2004
- · Annual exhibiton, Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi, 2004
- · Regional AIFACS exhibition in Chandigarh, 2004
- · All India Exhibition of Art 1996 at Govt Museum, Simla, Himachal Pradesh.
- ·All India Exhibition of Art 1997 at Amritsar
- · All India Exhibitions of Drawings 1995 at AIFACS, New Delhi
- · Group Show by The Art People, New Delhi at Rabindra Bhavan – 2003
- · AIFACS Painting exhibition (regional section) in 2002
- · Drawing exhibition by Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi- 2002
- · Bank of Punjab art competition 2002, 2003
- · Group Show of paintings by young Chandigarh Artists in 2001
INVITATION TO WORKSHOPS
- · Two-day Drawing workshop by Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi 2006
- · Painting workshop at Panjab University Museum 2005
- · Cartoons and caricatures workshop by Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi, 2003
- · Drawing workshop by Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi 2002
- · Young sculptor’s workshop by Govt. College of Architecture, Chandigarh 1996
- · Painting workshop Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi 2002
- · Painting workshop by NZCC at Kalagram, Chandigarh 2002
- · Young artists workshop at Govt. Museum, Sector 10, Chandigarh, 1998
ARTWORKS IN COLLECTION OF:
- · Fine Arts Museum, Panjab Univeristy, Chandigarh.
- · The Chandigarh Press Club
- · Alliance Francaise of Chandigarh
- · Indian Express, Chandigarh
- · With private collectors in India and abroad